Monday, October 3, 2011

I Left My Heart In Sacramento/ ONE MONTH!

Okay, I didn't love Sacramento THAT much, but it's been my favorite city so far- which doesn't really say that much, since it's only our 4th city and we have SO many to go.......and I probably won't be lucky enough to be watched over by a giant chocolate bar while I sleep at any future hotels....
    Seriously- I didn't expect to see anything like this until I got to Hershey, PA in late December.

The show's been going well- after almost 30 shows, we've basically just hit our stride and nothing too interesting happens anymore.  On occasion, we throw in swings and understudies to perform, which makes for a slightly more interesting show.
                                               Community Center Theatre, Sacramento, CA

                                                           California Capitol Building

It's been one month to the day since I left home to go on tour!  This is the longest I've been away from home since I left Miami almost 2 years ago.  Although I'm having a ton of fun doing what I love, there's still so much I miss back home- especially autumn.  The ironic thing about this is that it's going to be much cooler this week in Southern California than in the Quad-Cities.  However, knowing the weather there, it'll be snowing next week.


Just as a fairytale comes true in Shrek, I, too have experienced something that I've only heard about until today- something I had to see to truly believe that it existed.
                                                                     Yes, it's a Carl's Jr.
Maybe someday, some business-savvy person will explain to me why this restaurant and Hardee's exist in tandem.  I've also gotten a taste of In-n-Out Burger, which was more of a dream come true than the Hardee's doppelganger.

And now I'm in Costa Mesa for my first 2-week stay.  This will be the longest I'll ever be in one city, matched only by my stays in Detroit and Toronto in Feb./Mar.  I'm in for trouble if I get sick of Costa Mesa after only a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment