Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tucson. Wait, Tuscon?......No, it's Tucson.

Unfortunately for you, Tucson, you get the "least favorite city so far" award.  It's hot, it's dry, and a strong stench of sewage runs rampant through the streets.  It doesn't really help going from a place like Orange County to Tucson.  It's like watching Spider-Man 2, and then following it up with Spider-Man 3.  Just a bad idea.  It also doesn't help that I've been sick the entire time I've been here; my throat is sore and my sinuses are dry and congested.  I blame Arizona.

                                                           Tucson Music Hall

Last night we had Shrekzophrenia.  Our usual Shrek wasn't feeling too well at the end of the first act, so an understudy went on for him for act II.  Interesting show.

Something that's been characterizing these cities for me is the audience and how they react to the show.  Our best audience so far, meaning the audience that understands the flow of the show and receives it as it was meant to be received, was in Costa Mesa.  Tucson is by far our worst audience yet.  If you're an actor reading this, you know how difficult it is to work with an audience that gives you little feedback- that's this audience.

I've been branching out within the cast a little more.  Five cast members and I went and saw the premiere Paranormal Activity 3 on Thursday night at midnight.  There were more people there than I've ever seen at a Harry Potter or Star Wars premiere in the Quad-Cities.  It was, how you say in Tucson, muy ridiculo.

So far, we've been hiring coaches to take us from one city to another.  When we leave Tucson to go to El Paso tomorrow, we'll be getting our bus- the bus we'll have until Christmas.  This means that I'll no longer have my own seat.  Anticipate a follow-up to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment