Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goodbye, California- We'll Meet Again

Well, I'm down to my last few days in California.  On Monday, we head to Tuscon, AZ for a week, and then move on to Texas, where I've come to understand that everything is bigger.  My stay in California has lasted almost a month, but I'm not sick of it at all.
                                                  Segerstrom Hall, Costa Mesa, CA
The shows have been going well.  Last Sunday, an understudy took on the role of Shrek for the first time.  It was a refreshingly different show, to say the least.  That night ended with a barbecue at the house of Luke Yellin (aka Pinocchio), which was just more proof that I need to start going out with these people more.  I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such great people.

This past Monday was our first "Golden Day", which we define as a day without traveling or shows.  Much of the cast went to L.A., and a few of them went to Las Vegas.  I went to Disneyland.  I met someone here in Orange County who used to work at the park and we got complimentary park-hopper passes (Disneyland, CA consists of two parks- the main park and California Adventure).  Although we went on a lot of cool rides like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion (temporarily redesigned to the theme of Nightmare Before Christmas), Tower of Terror, and many more, my favorite events were the fireworks over the castle and Fantasmick, a combination character/lights/water effects show.  I didn't think it was possible to feel so old and so young at the same time.
                                                           Disneyland, Anaheim, CA

                    The finale of the Disneyland fireworks show entitled "Remember....Dreams Come True"
                      And the quality's not great, but that's Tinkerbell flying over Sleeping Beauty's castle!

The cast is still hard at work learning understudy/swing roles, I'm still making edits in Notion, and the scenery is about to change yet again with 40 performances under our belts.  We've reached probably about 50,000 viewers, and we've only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment