Monday, September 26, 2011

Acclimation

We just got to Sacramento today, via short bus ride from San Jose.  The shows went fine in San Jose and the downtown near the theater was beautiful.  However, there wasn't much near the hotel, which was kind of a pain.
                                             Center for the Performing Arts, San Jose, CA

Ever since my first day on the job, I've been making edits to Notion.  And now it's safe to say that I'm just about done.  It's taken more than three weeks, but now I'm finding very few things I want to fix with each show that I do.  It's just another example of how "alive" theater really is.  Not just within one performance, but from show to show.  Understudies are still rehearsing and choreography/tech elements are still being refined.  The show is very much different from when we previewed in Yakima, and it will continue to evolve through April.

I'm becoming much more acclimated to our show schedule and the overall lifestyle.  We look forward to our Mondays with no shows, and usually have our workload on the weekends with two shows on Saturday and Sunday- basically backwards from a "normal" job.  The days are going by more quickly, which I view as a good thing; I'm entering a routine.  I've begun getting groceries, thus conserving money when it comes to food.  I'm considering sleeping more than 2 to a room in order to save money on that front as well.  Some other people on tour sleep four to a room in order to stretch their paycheck as far as they can.  It'd stretch even further if they didn't go out every night for a drink (which I can't really handle- I was in college once, and once was enough).

Don't get me wrong- I socialize......just in small doses.  I have quite a while to be around these people and get to know them.  I'm really in no hurry....

No comments:

Post a Comment