Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On The Road Again- Hershey!

Let me start off by saying that my holiday lay-off was far too short.  Nine days to try to see and hang out with everyone?  Nonsense.  I'm grateful that we got the break we did, but another week would have been appreciated.

We just left Hershey, Pennsylvania.  It was a cute little place.  The street lights are Hershey kisses, and sometimes the entire town smells like chocolate.  It rained a lot and snowed very little, depriving me of even a wintry end-cap to the holidays.  At this point I'm skeptical as to whether or not we'll see the ground covered in snow at all.

Hershey Theatre, Hershey, PA

Just a cool pic I took one day during a show

It was an interesting week.  Before layoff, the longest we'd gone without doing the show is one day.  That being said, the first few shows of the new half of the tour provided some entertaining issues.  We also said goodbye to Alexa and Rachel, the two girls who alternate playing Young Fiona and Young Shrek/Grumpy.  They went back home to go to school and be with their families and we got two new girls to fill those roles.  They've done five shows so far and they rock.

While in Hershey, I visited Hershey's Chocolate World, where I took a virtual tour of the factory and made my own chocolate bar.  The tour was similar to a Disneyland ride, where you hop into a moving car on a track and look at all these fake machines of real machines and listen to how chocolate is made.  Making my own chocolate bar was a little less interactive than I'd hoped, but was still fun and delicious.  And for your information, that was pretty much the only chocolate I ate during the week- you know, new year's diet and all....


Overall, it was a slow start to this half of the tour (which will undoubtedly pick up speed soon), but I'm back on the job and ready to see parts of the continent that I've never seen before.  This week: Providence, Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment